WPCA discrection on providing sewer service. This change could affect large projects that have the potential of producing high capacity sewer flow. Brookfield has a limit as to the quantity of flow permitted to be sent to Danbury for processing. Sewer capacity is a limited resource.
2) Regulation changes to Permanent Maintenance Agreements, which affect condo properties and the Capital Cost Recovery Charge.
3) A major update to the Brookfield WPCA Water Pollution Control Plan. This is something required by State Statue. There are a number of revisions, mostly to take intoaccount changes in the system over the last two years. (Download PDF updated Water Pollution Control Plan)
On June 26, 2013, a Public Hearing was held to consider changes in the Brookfield Water Pollution Control Authority Sewer Use Rules and Regulations to modify the Regulations to:
1) Bill usages charges to be billed sem-annually instead of quarterly. This is to make the operation more efficient to keep costs and rates down. There is no change in usage rate. Rates remain at $380 per year per unit for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
Bills will be sent out in December and June of each year. The following notice was inserted in the September 1, 2013 bill:
2) Modify the inspection rate from $50 to $75 per hour. This is to come closer to covering the full cost of inspection time. Inspections are typically done in instances of construction.
3) Other technical changes are made to update the Regulations and include a clearly articulated means to calcuate the Capital Cost Recovery Connection Charge.