The Brookfield Water Pollution Control Authority is currently comprised of six members. Commission members are appointed by the Board of Selectman, usually at the recommendation of a Vacancy Committee. It is the Democrat or Republican Vacancy Committees that conduct interviews and background checks of potential board members.
The WPCA Commissioners are appointed for four year terms. Their terms can be renewed. Each year, the board selects the Chairman and Vice Chairman, by a simple majority vote. Besides being interested in quality governance, each board member must be a resident of Brookfield to be eligible to serve.
The current board is comprised of the following volunteer members:
|Michael Del Valle
You can make a difference …
Here are some low time-commitment, but fun, opportunities to volunteer:
- A communications person is needed to assist in keeping in touch with customers.
- An interface with the Town is useful for coordinating employee and retiree benefits and pension.
- With the assembling of a Town Center plan, a coordinator with other land use boards is needed.
- An IT person is needed to assist with the updating of our new Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Currently there is alternate board position open. The WPCA meets only once a month. Interested and willing to serve? Contact Us